This is a post about a dog.
And my kids too.
Recently, my kids were delighted to hear that their Uncle Mike and Aunt Ginia were going out of town, and had asked Nana and Grandad to dog-sit Major. That meant that for a whole week, Major would be at Nana’s house for them to play with everytime we went over.
We usually go over on Tuesdays and Thursdays before and after swimming, and Sundays after church. This was not enough for the kids. They begged and pleaded each day to go to Nana’s house to see Major. They were confident that he was missing them and wanted more time with them too.
Here are some facts about Major…
1. Major is just 3 months older than Nate. And Nate thinks it is really cool that he AND Major are 4.5 years old.
2. Major is kennel trained, and enjoys his down time in his kennel. This makes him really easy to dog sit for.
3. Major is a curious sort of dog… especially in regards to Hope. He usually just smells her, but when she smells okay he goes for a few licks.
FYI… Hope doesn’t mind Major at all. She usually closes her eyes for kisses, but otherwise she doesn’t object.
When you see her crying… it’s because of the grass. I know. But she doesn’t appreciate it yet. She needs more time in China to truly LOVE green grass!
4. Major has a thing for hugging. It truly is one of the craziest things. When people he loves are hugging, he has to interrupt. So the kids experimented with this. Grandaddy would hug the 3 kids and as soon as Major saw, he RAN HARD towards them to break up the hug. This brought much laughter to all involved and all observing.
5. Major is good about ignoring the kids when he has had enough. They can hug him, and talk to him, and he just completely ignores them. Talent.
6. Of my 4 kids, Anna is Major’s biggest fan.
7. And the last fact is that when Major is around… his owners… Uncle Mike and Aunt Ginia, will also be around before too long!